Because of a combination of natural premium grade essential oils and high techactive molecules extracted from natural plants, Hydrating Body Milk by PHYTO5 is remarkably efficient and produces excellent results. This spectacular hydrating skincare product is made of organic certified ingredients.
- Recommended for all skin types, especially dry and sensitive
- Hypo-allergenic fragrance made of natural plant extracts that opens on a note of white jasmine and blends into a core of peach, violet and mimosa, with a lasting pleasant aroma of sweet vanilla
- Anti-age and regenerating properties
- Principle unique ingredients: tamanu oil, aloe, Aquaxyl,® vitamin E
Tamanu oil: Tamanu is a traditional treasure from the beaches of Polynesia. Because it has very well known therapeutic properties, tamanu (Calophyllum Inophyllum) was considered as a sacred tree in Polynesia. Its wood was used for the creation of the “tiki,” the famous Tahitian totem. Tamanu, translated from Tahitian as “who eliminates negative energies” is considered “the tree of a thousand virtues.”
The tamanu tree grows mainly in Southeast Asia, India and the Pacific and Indian Ocean Islands. It bears green fruits that contain a nut from which is extracted the famous tamanu oil.
This oil was used in traditions many thousands of years old by Polynesian athletes, warriors and fishermen to protect their skin, and by vahine (women of central Polynesia) to protect their children’s skin because of its remarkable healing and soothing properties. Tamanu was also used in compresses for the treatment of wounds.
Pharmaceutical properties of tamanu
Tamanu started to arouse the interest of the medical world in the 1930s when a nun observed that indigenous Tahitians used it to relieve leprous neuritis. An analgesic based on tamanu oil was later developed for use in intramuscular injections in Polynesian hospitals. Since then, Tamanu has been largely studied for use in the treatment of different types of wounds and scars as well as in the treatment of eczema, psoriasis and very sensitive skin. Pharmacological studies have shown that tamanu offers benefits like hydration, regeneration, anti-inflammation and healing.
Tamanu is also very rich in several anti-age and antioxidant molecules such as flavonoids and terpenoids which are very efficient free radical scavengers. This makes it an ideal ingredient to protect the skin from the effects of oxidative stress (pollution, smoke or ultraviolet rays).
Moisturizing properties of aloe
It’s a daily challenge to ensure optimal water content for the skin when we are faced with aggressors like wind, climatic changes, pollution and air-conditioning in particular. Skin moisturization is the very first anti-aging routine to be applied to the skin on a daily basis and must be considered a priority.
Cactus and aloe are known for their ability to take up water from the depths of the earth and to store it. The high polysaccharide content of the leaves gives them the ability to store water from the earth enabling them to survive in extremely dry conditions.
Aloe is very rich in vitamins A, C and E in addition to antioxidants which protect the skin from oxidative stress. It also contains minerals such as calcium and potassium which regulate water and are vital to skin moisturization.
Aloe was used in ancient Egypt and China and in Ayurvedic medicine for its therapeutic properties. Its ability to store water makes it an excellent skin moisturizer. In addition, it creates a hydration film on the surface of the skin that protects the skin from external harmful aggressors.
Aloe soothes and heals as it lends very comforting anti-inflammatory properties. By acting on collagen, it is also an interesting anti-aging active ingredient.
The high tech Aquaxyl® hydrating and restructuring molecules
Aquaxyl® is a combination of molecules extracted from wheat. This ingredient is founded on a hydrating concept promoting the skin’s own hydrous flow.
- It deeply hydrates to increase water reserves in the skin. It has been proved by corneometry analysis that Aquaxyl® improves epidermal water content and stimulate the synthesis of GlycosAminoGlycans (GAG) that are responsible for trapping water within the skin. This action delivers an immediate and long-term moisturizing effect.
- It also forms a protective film on the skin which prevents water from evaporating. In vivo clinical studies have shown that Aquaxyl® increases the synthesis of ceramides, the major constituent of the skin’s protective barrier. It has also been demonstrated that Aquaxyl® decreases trans-epidermal water loss. It makes the skin stronger and more resistant to harm from external influences.
The result of Aquaxyl® is that desquamation is normalized and the micro-relief of the skin is smoothed. This potent ingredient exhibits proven efficacy in hydrating and restructuring skin cells. The skin is better equipped to fight external aggressions when it is well and powerfully restructured and moisturized.
How to use Hydrating Body Milk
- Apply as a finishing product after a body treatment or at home once da day or apply twice a day in the case of very dry skin.
- Massage into the skin for a while as the natural white film absorbs giving the skin a soft and silky touch.
Written by Jean-Daniel Bartl, Director of Operations and Head Chemist, Laboratoire Gibro, S.A., Fleurier, Switzerland, for the Spanish magazine Vanguardia en Terapias Naturales 3/2010. Laboratoire Gibro is PHYTO5's world headquarters and manufacturing site.