Millet extract is a principal ingredient in many of PHYTO5’s Earth element line which is targeted to address the group of skin conditions that occur when there is an imbalance of the Earth aspect of vital-energy, namely: blemishes, toxicity, acne, psoriasis, enlarged pores, and lymph circulation problems.
The millet seed is known for providing many fundamental benefits to the skin:
Nutrient-rich millet contains a high proportion of essential vitamins and is close to 90% unsaturated fatty acids. One of very few alkaline grains, millet has a very rich protein and amino acid profile. At approximately 15% protein, millet contains lecithin and the essential amino acid methionine and minerals like iron, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium. It’s also high in silica which is quite beneficial for bones and connective tissue.
Millet is rich in vitamins E, B complex, niacin, thiamin and riboflavin. In addition, phenolic compounds in millet provide potent antioxidant activity and benefits such as the slowing of signs of aging.
Millet is quite resilient being able to thrive even with a lack of water and can produce grain in conditions where other plants cannot grow. Millet is the grain which bears the highest mineral content some of which are iron, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium.
Though history shows that millet was known for making hair, skin and nails beautiful, its positive beauty attributes have only been rediscovered relatively recently. With all of its nutritive attributes, millet actually motivates the skin to perform better.
Millet extract is known to:
- support the skin’s natural functions
- beautify and smooth the skin
- improve the structure of the skin
- contribute to radiant skin tone
Here’s more of what millet can do for the skin and hair:
- Reduces acne: Lipoic acid, an antioxidant found in millet, increases cell metabolism and blood circulation and is an anti-inflammatory thereby reducing acne.
- Improves elasticity and fights wrinkles: Amino acids L-lysine and L-proline help create collagen which provides structure skin tissue
- Fights aging of the skin: The antioxidants in millet neutralize free radicals which cause aging in the body helping to reverse the signs of aging which show up in the skin. Millet assists to rejuvenate skin cells. The ubiquinone content in millet is a known wrinkle-reducer.
- Improves overall complexion: Millet is rich in complexion enhancing and antioxidant vitamin E which penetrates the skin’s layers and aids in natural wound healing. Millet forms a protective layer in the skin which can keep free radicals away from the wound. Millet can be a lubricant to the skin.
- Brings youthfulness to the skin: By consuming millet in our diet, we can assist the protection and strengthening of our cells and skin from the ravages of free radical damage thereby creating younger looking, more supple skin.
- Acts as a moisturizing agent: Consuming millet assists us to retiain the natural moisture content in our skin reversing dull and dry looking skin to vibrant and healthier looking skin.
- Reduces scarring: The antioxidant alium found in millet increases blood flow to scar tissue assisting the growth of new skin thereby minimizing scarring. Millet helps the skin to repair itself more quickly, and it protects and firms the skin.
- Protects the skin from sun damage: Millet’s selenium and vitamin C and E content are effective protectants against sun damage and skin cancer amplifying healthy fresh growth of new cells that bring youth to the skin and make it appear more radiant. It can assist to combat hyper-pigmentation.
- Strengthens hair follicles: Protein-rich millet is highly recommended for hair loss. Lack of protein is one factor contributing to hair loss.
- Is therapeutic for scalp conditions: The magnesium in millet reduces scalp inflammation and is beneficial for treating eczema, psoriasis and dandruff. Consuming millet may help in pacifying metabolic syndrome, a health condition which causes premature balding.
- Stimulates the growth of hair: Millet promotes the circulation of blood circulation in the scalp thereby promoting hair growth.
- Reduces hair loss: Increased cortisol levels in the body may lead to significant hair loss however the magnesium in millet may counteract it.
- Helps prevent premature graying of the hair: The antioxidant content in millet effectively prevents tissue oxidation and may assist with premature graying.
Get 20% off and save $77 when you buy the entire Earth element line of skincare. Go here to check it out.