High grade cypress essential oil is one of the unique ingredients in very many PHYTO5 skin and hair care products. You’re going to want all of them when you learn about the many versatile healing ways of cypress essential oil in this blog post.
Since we’re currently in the energetic season of Summer associated with the Fire element, it’s important to note that Hairlixir Shampoo, Yin Energizing Body Gel and the Fire Element Skin Toner all contain cypress essential oil. A complete list of PHYTO5 products containing cypress essential oil is listed at the end of this article. They’re all live links so click away!
Cypress essential oil is derived from steam distilling the leaves and the cones of this Mediterranean coniferous evergreen tree.
Here’s a rundown on cypress essential oil’s best benefits for you:
- Its essential oil has long been a therapeutic healing oil and is a major toxin eliminator.
- Cypress is the best essential oil for venous and lymphatic circulation. Fluid circulation is vital to the flushing of toxins from the body so necessary for radiant, youthful skin. Cypress provides a strong toning action for veins.
- It increases the body’s sweat and perspiration helping to flush out toxins.
- It also contains antioxidant compounds which work to eliminate toxins while inhibiting free radical scavenging.
- Cypress actually prevents acne that is due to toxic buildup.
- Cypress soothes and relaxes. An anti-spasmodic, it is excellent for muscle strains and sprains and for treating carpal tunnel syndrome. It relieves muscle aches and pains and can be an effective reliever of the pain of rheumatism and osteoarthritis. Many have found it to be effective with calming restless leg syndrome.
- Its anti-spasmodic qualities assist with respiratory conditions like asthma and bronchitis.
- It's a wonderful oil for menstruating women who suffer from cramping.
- Cypress cleanses the liver and helps to lower cholesterol.
- Cypress essential oil tones the skin and is especially beneficial for loose skin caused by weight loss.
- It’s antibacterial and a much safer alternative to antibiotics. A 2004 study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry relates that the component known as camphene in cypress essential oil inhibited the growth of nine bacteria and all yeasts studied.
- Because of its fresh, clean woody scent combined with its antibacterial properties, cypress essential oil makes a great deodorant. It will prevent bacterial growth and body odor.
- You can even add ten drops to your laundry and it will leave your clothes bacteria-free and smelling super fresh.
- Strongly astringent, cypress is good to use against water retention and cellulite.
- It has excellent antiseptic properties which encourage the healing of wounds and the slowing of bleeding.
- Cypress essential oil is very uplifting. It’s not just toning to the skin, it’s mentally toning as well. It helps to calm nerves and the ensuing feelings of stress. It helps to lift feelings of weariness and even the more intense feelings of anxiety.
- Cypress is also very effective in treating restlessness and insomnia.
To use cypress essential oil as a natural remedy, be sure to research how to use it. Cypress essential oil should not be used alone but rather diluted in an appropriate carrier oil such as sweet almond, jojoba, apricot kernel, coconut or olive oils.
Cypress essential oil is used in the following PHYTO5 skin and hair care products:
Curtis, Susan, Pat Thomas, and Fran Johnson. Essential Oils: All-natural Remedies and Recipes for Your Mind, Body, and Home. NY, NY: DK, 2016. Print.
Rubin, Jordan. Essential Oils: Ancient Medicine for a Modern World. Place of Publication Not Identified: Destiny Image Pub, 2017. Print.