... the one thing we can pretty much all agree we want... happiness. -- Guy Raz, NPR Radio Host
Life sure does throw us curve balls on a regular basis. Some people seem to have it rougher than others. Or could it be that some people just handle those curve balls in a more resilient way? Probably both are true.
Summer is the season for joy... for renewing it within ourselves... for unveiling it, sustaining it, rebirthing it and growing it. And if we've got joy, we can safely say we have happiness.
So, how can we be happy most of the time this season? Let's take advantage of the joyous season of summer:
- Wear colors and bring colors into the home.
- Expand your vocabulary, especially adjectives! Embellish your speech with most positive, exciting verbiage and watch your life transform to one of happiness!
- Dance. Be exuberant. Don't worry what anybody thinks. Turn on the music inside your home full blast and dance! Besides, this creative type of exercise will awaken the cells in your body and they'll be dancing too!
- What's your favorite thing to do have fun? Do it now! Or at least, take one step right now towards experiencing it in the very near future.
- When you're doing anything fun and joyous this summer, really take it in. Get really present to the joy and fun of doing it.
- Celebrate the holidays at the beginning, middle and end of summer. Enjoy the music, the colors and the fanfare!
- Dive into the fresh sweet juicy fruits of summer! They won't be in season forever so eat up! Fall and winter brings a far less exciting cavalcade of fruits, so savor summer lusciousness now.
- Revel in the abundant sunlight of summer. It's healing and can also be detoxifying.
- Bask in not only the weather warmth of the season but the social warmth of friendships and get-togethers. Find ways to appreciate every single person in your life. Make it a habit and your life will change.
- Keep excitement in your life. Change it up. Get out of old confining patterns. Break out. Do everything differently. Step out of the box and out of the way you've always done it.
- And be sure to check out this TED talk on how to be happy called, "Simply Happy."