In Chinese medicine, your liver and gall bladder are paired. This means that anything you do to strengthen one will strengthen the other...
Gallbladder is the yang organ for Spring according to the 5-Element Theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Best eating practices to maintain a healthy gall bladder are:
- Eat fiber rich foods;
- Consume fresh fruits and vegetables;
- If you eat meat, make it lean!
- If you eat dairy, make it low fat!
- Add walnuts and almonds to your diet. Some studies have shown them beneficial in preventing gallstones;
- Research suggests moderate amounts of coffee may also help prevent gallstones;
- Keep your weight in check.