In these very uncertain times, often just returning home feels like returning to safety! What is home? Is it just the building or is it something more? Build on the following arenas of your life that will construct the most magnificent multi-dimensional "home" for you, bring you the sanctuary you seek and will surely protect you in precarious times.
- Your home; make it lovely and peaceful; clear the chaos; ZEN; see blog post of June 27. Your home should be the place that reflects who you truly are right down to your dishes, artwork posted, furniture arrangement and fragrance.
- Your altar; make a small altar in your home with candles burning imbued with prayer intentions and pictures or statues of predecessors you admire. Connect with your altar several times a day. Sit before it in times of prayer, contemplation and meditation.
- Your family; cherish and honor your familial relationships. You will need your family in the event of earth changes and to support you in your aspirational endeavors! Family also goes beyond flesh and blood. Your dear friends can be just as vital to your survival and sanity as your family members. Eventually, if not already, they will be as flesh and blood to you and rightfully so!
- Your primary relationship; look only to give rather than to have your own needs met. Practice zen attitudes that never involve fighting, manipulation or guilt.
- Your physical vitality; reduce "couch time" and find the exercise you resonate with, then avidly pursue it; see blog post of June 10 for a spectacular yet simple practice; your body carries you through life!
- Your garden; dig and plant; create green in your garden; let the flowers sing to you. They exist far beyond their beauty.
- Your meditations; daily practice however short will bring increasing rewards and establish true and ongoing communion with your higher power.
- Your inner altar; make it radiant by your intention and holiness; know that your soul is your built-in "homing device."
- Your spiritual journey; it's your magic carpet ride. It's fine to make mistakes. A journey without error is not truly a journey.
- Your kindness and giving nature; as Anthony Robbins has said, "The purpose of living is giving." Refrain from judging the man on the corner with the cardboard sign. Whether he is homeless or not, if his emotional state encourages him to stand there begging, perhaps he is deserving of your kindness and generosity.
- Your mindfulness and very being; edit the chatter both internal and external and intend to be a sacred being who glides through life. Practice keeping your mind like calm waters. Let every insult that comes your way be like a mere drop in those calm waters.
- Your letting go; we cannot truly control anything; in Zen it is said, "What's hot is hot. What's cold is cold. What is–is." Make this your mantra. Be with what simply is. It will assist you to remain in the present moment.
#zen #sanctuary #safety #uncertainty #holistic #consciousliving #consciousness #relationships #meditation