How Color and Light Therapy Has Enormous Therapeutic Value
In 1672, Sir Isaac Newton discovered that when sunlight goes through a prism it is divided into seven colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. These same colors also correspond to the colors of the seven major energetic centers of Ayurvedic medicine known as chakras. Five of the seven colors correspond to the five elements of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Each of the five colors is in energetic harmony with one of the elements and whatever is associated with that element and its functions. As a result, colors, both as matter but most potently as energy, become tools of energy medicines.
The sun has always enjoyed special recognition for its therapeutic value. Ancient civilizations, from Mediterranean countries, India, China, North and South America, incorporated light and colors in their treatments. They practiced color therapy, also known as chromatherapy (sometimes spelled 'chromotherapy').
The relationship between light, energy and life has been scientifically established; light has been used, for example, to modify the rate of growth of enzymes, bacteria and plants—both to accelerate and to slow it down. Light is also frequently used to modify the emotions of humans. Sickness and disease can often be attributed to a depletion of a color or colors in the physical body.
Here are a few of the ways you can enjoy color and light therapy:
- PHYTO5® technology utilizes three different machines that emit vibration and colored light as skin and health therapies.
- Crystal healing beds where each chakra's color is beamed through crystals. The miracle healer from Brazil, John of God, is known for his crystal healing beds.
- Crystal/gemstone therapy involves the placement of various colored crystals directly on the body for vibrational benefits. Amethyst BioMats offer a unique experience.
- Wearing colored lenses to look through; these are easily obtainable through the internet and sometimes in stores.
- Color silk therapy; silk carries the highest frequency vibration of any natural cloth and colored silks placed on the body are known to convey the color vibration into the physical body.
- Eating various colored live (not cooked) fruits and vegetables because life = light. "Eat the rainbow." See below.
- Sitting under the light of various colored light bulbs brings much needed colored light through the eyes and skin into the body for replenishment of depleted colors.
- Hydro color therapy involves filling colored glass bottles (never plastic) with water and allowing the color vibration to penetrate the water for several hours in the sun and then drinking.
One Green Planet Has This to Say About Eating the Rainbow: Why Eat a Variety of Colorful Fruits and Vegetables
Eating a rainbow of foods is a big plus on the healthy scale, but do you know why eating a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables is good for you? Consuming different color foods plays a role in insuring you are getting enough essential nutrients, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber, and more. Eating this way can help to protect against many potential body ailments and chronic diseases such as illnesses like the flu, cancers, digestive issues, declining vision, loss of bone density, and can even help with weight management. Besides, your mood will most likely be lifted when your plate is full of a variety of visually appealing bright colors versus covered in a dull, white, and plain blandness. Brighten up your plate and you will brighten up your health! Read more...