- Go to Wal-Mart or Lowes garden department and buy an inexpensive plant from the outdoor garden area. For anywhere from $1.50 to $8, you can get a beautiful plant Mom will love. Put it in a planting pot with soil and tie a ribbon around it.
- If you can’t afford a bouquet of roses, buy a rosebush and plant it for Mom where she would like it.
- Give your mother or grandmother a hand massage. With or without massage oil or cream, this is an awesome gift. Five minutes isn’t enough! Make it at least 15 for each hand!
- Don’t buy a scented candle. They’re filled with harmful synthetics! Instead, buy a simple unscented candle or a diffuser along with a small bottle of high-grade essential oil from the health food store. Don’t buy essential oils from just anywhere! They won’t be quality no matter what they say.
- If you can’t afford a big bottle of Mom’s favorite fragrance, in many stores like Target, you can buy small sample sizes of Mom’s favorite at very affordable prices, most often under $10.
- Be sure to shop stores like TJMaxx, Ross Dress for Less and Beall’s Outlets for awesome pricing on name brand beauty care products.
- Send Mom or Grandma a song, an app, an audiobook, or a tv show or movie from iTunes. It’s easy to do and best to use your Mac or PC although you can’t gift single songs from the iPhone, iPad or iPod. Here are the instructions:
1. Open the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks.
2. Find the item that you want to gift.
3. In the upper-right corner, tap the Share icon ￼.
4. Tap Gift ￼.
5. If you're not already, sign in with your Apple ID and password.
6. Enter your recipient's email address.
7. If you want, add a message.
8. If you want to send the gift later, tap Today and choose a date.
9. In the upper-right corner, tap Next.
10. Select a theme for your gift, then tap Next.
11. Tap Buy, then tap Buy to confirm.