In yesterday’s blog post, we explored what chakras are and why it’s a very good idea to not just understand them but keep them in balance.
Today, we’ll look at a number of ways to create that balance in our energetic centers that fashions a healthy harmonious body, mind and spirit.
- Eat a good balance of foods the colors of the rainbow; here’s a great guide to follow; or try this one.
- Practice mudras; similar to a pose in yoga, mudras are powerful energetic poses or gestures for the hands and fingers; here’s a beautiful, easy-to-follow guide from MindBodyGreen.
- Take a bath with essential oils and Himalayan salt; check out this excellent diagram by MindBodyGreen.
- Mantras and affirmations; enjoy this wonderful approach from BalancedWomensBlog.
- Do exercises in alignment with the association of each chakra, for example:
- Meditate or chant sacred songs for the crown chakra.
- Practice periods of stillness for the third eye chakra.
- Journal your feelings or express them through art for the throat chakra.
- Join a support or study group to create new meaningful relationships in your life for the heart chakra.
- Create order in your life wherever you can for the solar plexus chakra.
- Practice yoga and approach big projects one small step at a time for the sacral chakra.
- Stop fear in its tracks by connecting with the present moment for the root chakra.
- Explore Solfeggio sound healing for the chakras; check out “The Frequency of Love: Solfeggio 528 Hz–DNA Healing and Activating Higher Consciousness” by PowerThoughts Meditation Club on iTunes.
- Learn to understand the emotional, mental, spiritual and physical domains of each chakra so you can ultimately know where balancing is required; here’s a good infographic to study.
- Herbal teas are earthy and carry source energy of the planet; they can assist us to balance our chakras; here’s a simple guide at ForeverConscious.
- Discover the use of gemstones placed on your energy centers. Just as quartz emits a constant voltage that keeps a watch running with incredible accuracy, other gemstones also emit frequencies that can help to recharge our chakric energetic centers. You can study what others have to say about which stones correlate to each center and you can also approach it from your own intuitive sense. Not every stone will work the same way for every person!
- Place yourself in experiences and places you love and enjoy and which are safe for your energetic field–in other words and as an example, a beautiful park as opposed to a dark saloon. Love and joy are the best remedies!
- “Alternate nostril breathing is one way to bring balance into your breath and harmony to your chakras, mind, body and spirit. It connects and energizes the two hemispheres of your brain. It calms your mind. It allows energy to move freely through your body, which empowers your body to use it’s natural healing abilities.” –Yogi Amrit Desai
- Experience a chakra balancing session with PHYTO5®’s Chromapuncteur™.
- Enjoy energetic skincare infused with essential oils such as PHYTO5®’s skincare lines.
The yogis have used the chakra system for thousands of years as an integral part of holistic healing; knowing that a person’s illness often first manifests itself in the chakras, before the body, mind, and emotions. Moreover, they knew that no one could be completely healed if the chakra system continued to be out of balance… However, by understanding how each chakra affects a particular body function and emotion it is possible to identify where a chakra is malfunctioning.
–Teresa Hale, founder of the Hale Clinic, London