Spirulina is a form of blue green algae (cyanobacteria) that is harvested from warm, alkaline lakes, then dried and prepared as a food or food additive. It's super rich in vitamins and minerals–even trace minerals. You can even effectively feed your body from the outside as well by putting it on your skin!
Here are 10 reasons why this superfood will never go out of style:
- It acts like an anti-aging agent as it mineralizes, revitalizes and strengthens the skin.
- It's an anti-inflammatory so consuming it will help relieve those aching joints.
- It's an elegant detoxifier and equalizer of the ravages of pollution on the skin and in the body.
- Spirulina naturally prevents fungal and bacterial overgrowth which can cause acne.
- It's a great source of highly usable protein. Add a teaspoon to your smoothie!
- Daily small doses keep you well during cold and flu season.
- It has 26x the calcium of milk!
- Spirulina in your system increases fat burning during exercise.
- It makes your teeth and bones stronger with its large array of absorbable minerals.
- It makes you look RADIANT!