- Halsey Taylor invented the drinking fountain as a tribute to his father who succumbed to typhoid fever after drinking from a contaminated public water supply in 1896.
- In Thailand, the King's Birthday also serves as National Father's Day. The celebration includes fireworks and acts of charity and honor with the most distinct acts being the donation of blood and the liberation of captive animals.
- A.A. Milne created Winnie the Pooh for his son, Christopher Robin. Pooh was based on Robin's teddy bear, Edward, a gift Christopher had received for his first birthday, and on their father/son visits to the London Zoo where the bear named Winnie was Christopher's favorite. Pooh comes from the name of Christopher's pet swan.
- The Stevie Wonder song "Isn't She Lovely" is about his newborn daughter, Aisha. If you listen closely, you can hear Aisha crying during the song.
- The only father-daughter collaboration to hit the top spot on the Billboard pop music chart was the 1967 hit single "Something Stupid" by Frank and Nancy Sinatra.
The necktie is the most popular of all Father's Day gifts. Yikes! We've got a better solution than that! Check out column 2!
- There are about one billion father's worldwide right now. More than 70 million are American and two million of American dads are single fathers.
- Said Mark Twain, “When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.”
- Father's Day officially began in 1910 in Spokane, Washington, where 27-year-old Sonora Dodd proposed it as a way to honor the man who raised her when her mom died in childbirth.
- Spending on Father's Day will reach about $13 billion this year, with the average person spending around $120 on gifts for the special dads in their lives.
Forget the Tie and Old Spice for the Special Dads In Your Life This Father's Day! Check It Out:
PLEASE NOTE: Packaging for Phyt'Acid Cleansing Face and Body Gel has changed from the photo shown above.
Add the nicely sized 3.5 oz. pH Balancing Cream to your Father's Day order which is perfect for after-shave (particularly when using a mechanical razor). This protective natural pH Cream can be used for all skin types and conditions. It restores the skin's balance and creates a soothing protective barrier.
When you add on this product to the Father's Day package above, save 30% on the total by mentioning promo code POP. Another $31 will be deducted from your total.
P.S. Mention the code FREESHIP for, you guessed it, FREE shipping, too!